Thursday, September 30, 2010

Arsenal vs the Drog: Saga continues with new faces

The legendary Arsenal injury curse seems to be working again as we would be without several first choice players for the big match against champions Chelsea.

We know long term victims like Robin Van Persie, Theo Walcott, Aaron Ramsey will not be partaking in this match but news have filtered out that Captain Cesc Fabregas and defensive lynchpin Thomas Vermaelen will also miss out on the match. Goalkeeper Manual Almunia has not recovered from this shoulder injury and will be deputised by Lukaz Fabianski.

Cesc is still trying to make the team but Arsene has come out to tamper the expectation of the fans and saying his captain has "little chance" of making it. It will be a major loss of the team and hopes will rest on the shoulders of Nasri and Wilshere to gain control of the midfield against, the Bison Mikael Essien.

In defense we will have a completely new central partnership to face Didier Drogba. Of course, Squillaci and Koscielny have played together but it will be the first time they are coming up against the Drog. In previous season, Senderos, Gallas, Toure, Campbell, Vermaelen have all come up against the Ivorian and have lost the battle.

It is difficult to predict what will happen with the two French man as they could be brilliant one game (against Sunderland) and absolutely crap in the other (against WBA). I with both of them the best of luck.

However it is in goal which I have the most worry. I have already said my piece about Fabianksi in my last post so I won't dwell on it anymore. Let's just say, I hope the Pole make me eat my words and have a blistering game on Sunday.

Match preview to follow.
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment