Thursday, September 9, 2010

Will Squillaci start against Bolton

So our new signing Sebastian Squillaci went through 90 minutes for the reserve team against Blackburn. I haven't seen the footage for the match so I can make any comments about him as yet. Just wondering for those who have seen him in action that day, is he better than Kos or should be stick to the Kos-TV4 partnership.

I must admit that the current central partnership still does not embed confidence especially against traditional British teams like Blackburn and our next opponents Bolton.

In the match against Blackburn, we look shaky every time the ball was floated into the penalty box. We managed to cope during the match but not sure if we would be so lucky all the time. Bolton, as we know also plays a very direct game with Kevin Davies the main danger upfront. I would be tempted to stick Squillaci into the game just to counter these threats. He is a pretty big guy and should be able to cope with these threats better than Kos. Don't get me wrong, I think Kos has done brilliantly in the first couple of games but he is still a bit lightweight for my liking.

Other than that, I think we should be able to cope with the loss of both RVP and Theo for the time being unless Chamakh gets himself on the treatment table this weekend. We currently only have Chamakh and Vela as outright strikers so any more injury to the squad, and we would be back to the situation a year ago.

It's been too long since the Blackburn match and I can't wait to see the Gunners in action again. These international breaks are just a nuisance.
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment