Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Final thoughts before the Arsenal vs Shakhtar match


It is close to kickoff time for the match and we are still awaiting the team news. There are a couple of changes which I hope the Professor makes. He needs to rotate the squad as I think the players have become a big leggy over the past weeks. Furthermore we will be having two games each week for the next two three weeks.

For one, I would like to see Gibbs coming in for Clichy. Before his injury, Gibbs was on form and looks a good bet to give the Frenchman a run for the left back position. This can only be good as Clichy is getting a little careless and less focused than he should be. Nothing like a little competition to get the best out of the player.

I am also excited to see Theo Walcott back again. He was in such good goal-scoring form before his injury. It was his best time in an Arsenal shirt since he came into the squad as a 17 year old. Pity the injury wreck a month out of him. Hopefully he can return to the form he had in August and early September. It would be a blessing for us because beside Chamakh none of our strikers seems to be able to find the net.

Lastly, I don’t think Arsene should risk Fabregas for this match. Although a win means certain qualification for the next round, anything other than that would not be the end of the world either. Therefore I would just give the captain a round out after 70 minutes no matter what the result. Many people may disagree with me but the match on Sunday would definitely be more important. I think the Professor may have similar sentiments. Well, that's my hope anyway.
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

1 comment: